Cardiac Recovery & Post-Recovery Rehabilitation Services
About Our Recovery & Post-Recovery Rehabilitation Services
Ocean’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Program provides a range of recovery and post-recovery services to speed your recuperation, minimize your symptoms, increase your cardiovascular endurance, and improve your quality of life.
You may be eligible for cardiac rehabilitation if you:
- are recovering from a heart attack (myocardial infarction), coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG), valve surgery, angioplasty (PTCA), or atherectomy (DCA).
- have angina pectoris, coronary artery disease or have had a heart transplant.
- have cardiovascular risk factors, such as smoking, obesity, stress, sedentary lifestyle, high cholesterol and triglycerides, diabetes, or electrocardiogram abnormalities along with any of the above diagnoses.
In order to be admitted to the program, you’ll need to get a physician referral and possibly take an exercise test.
The program consists of four components:
- telemetry monitoring – constant monitoring of your heart rhythm.
- medically supervised exercise – designed to help improve the function and condition of your cardiovascular system. The exercise program includes monitored exercise sessions 3 times a week for several weeks.
- friendly education – including a series of lectures covering the benefits of exercise, nutrition, signs and symptoms to watch out for, cardiac medications, and coping with stress. (Spouses or significant others are encouraged to attend these lectures with the patient.)
- ongoing support – for example, our Mended Heart program help patients recovering from cardiac conditions learn how to cope and gain comfort through shared experiences.
Through these services and resources, our program will help you:
- reduce risk factors associated with coronary artery disease.
- attain and maintain increased energy and endurance to improve your quality of life.
- focus on healthful meal planning, exercise, stress management, medications, weight loss, smoking cessation, and health maintenance.
- adhere to a customized fitness program that will last a lifetime.
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 800-560-9990.
Ocean Medical Center
425 Jack Martin Boulevard
Brick, NJ 08724
Hackensack Meridian Health Village
27 South Cooks Bridge Road
Jackson, NJ 08527
40 Bey Lea Road
Suite 203, Building C
Toms River, NJ 08753
To learn more about our Cardiac Recovery & Post-Recovery Rehabilitation services, please call 732-836-4275.